The sky is a beautiful blue, the green leaves have the perfect contrast.
He's intent - he's happy.
The sheen of his golden coat - his bleach white mane tangled in with my red curls.
I could live in that picture forever.
It wasn't posed, just taken at the right moment - my happiness overwhelms the picture.
In that moment and the moments that followed, the years the followed,
This is where my heart lived, where it still does.
My sadness most kills me, this is where I miss something the most,
This is where I can finally cry - but I'm not healing, I'm never letting go.
It's as if it isn't a picture at all - more of a dream,
Something I can actually watch, somewhere I can live.
But how can it be a dream if I can vividly remember?
I can smell the leather of the saddle, smell our hair as the wind picked it up and let it fall,
Surrounding us a scent too perfect to describe.
How can I remember the feel?
Remember the softness of his coat, feel the reins in between my small fingers.
Remember how safe I felt leaning over hugging his strong neck with no intent on letting go.
How can I remember the exact time, the exact words that I spoke?
I remember everything about you so well.
The picture is burned into my memory - you're burned into my heart.
I promised then and still hold true, I'll never forget you.
I'll never replace you - you changed my life,
Made my childhood something I never want to forget.
I'm sorry baby - I tried so hard, tried everything I could possibly do to save you;
It was too late, so now the weight of regret crushes me.
You were and still remain to be everything to me, and this photograph is proof...
If only I could have a picture of my last moments with you -
That last night, with the cold air stinging my lungs,
The snowflakes falling like rain, onto my cheeks, melting, only to look like another tear on my broken face.
I wonder if there was something I could've done - I just wanted to relive that picture that was captured
So many years before. I anted to capture a new one... one last time.
You passed on so quickly within a few hours after our last moment together;
I've heard you died of happiness, I've heard you died of a broken heart...
You're marked into my skin forever.
Apart of my thoughts everyday, and although you can't hear me - please know,
I miss you - I'll be seeing you.
Aw.. Noel. this is sooo good. Yet so sad. you can feel the love between you two. its insane. This is a great piece of work :)
ReplyDeleteLove you, stay stong :)