About Me

My photo
What I want is to be needed. What I need is to be indispensable to somebody. Who I need is somebody that will eat up all my free time, my ego, my attention. Somebody addicted to me. A mutual addiction. Growing up isn't about finding who you are, it's about creating yourself. I will never regret my past, even if it haunts me - I just don't want to die without any scars.

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

You'll Be Just Fine

Concentrate -
Stay still, keep silent.
Hold your breath -
And slowly release.
Concentrate -
You'll be just fine.

Don't let yourself be defeated,
Don't let yourself be consumed.
You're better than this.

Don't shake,
Don't dare let him see you tremble -
You are no weak.

Take cover -
He's a threat, an enemy.
This has become a battle,
A war.
This fire is approaching.

You can feel it now,
It's slowly rising -
From your toes to your knees,
It's quickly approaching with poor warning.

It hits your heart - grabs and tears.
Your throat begins to swell,
There is no air left.

You're defenseless now -
You're showing off your vulnerability as your chin begins to dimple.
It hits your freckled nose,
Triggering it to flare.
It creeps slowly to prolong the agony -
How sweet.

Next comes the burning -
The blurred vision.

3 comments:

  1. i really like this peice. you captured every detail very well. and it made me feel like i was watching each detail as it unfolded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Noel, I am proud of you for changing the ending because I know you didn't like it. And i think it sounds very good and adds a little more to the peace and less repitition.

    Joey

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow that was really stupid. i feel like an idiot.

    ReplyDelete